Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Team Bridger: The Spaz Attacks!

So last night as I was running my mind drifted back to Bridger.  I've been trying desperately to get the word out about him and the disease that he has.  Eventually we want to do a Spaz Attack run but I don't know when I will be able to pull something off like that.  Definitely sooner than later.  Possibly in October?  Infantile Spasms awareness week is in December!  I can't imagine anyone would want to run in that kind of weather.  Anyways as I was running and thinking about this predicament I had a "light-bulb" moment.

Maybe I can't get a race together but I CAN get ready for a large race and run it for him NOW.  I've already done a 5k for him.  Why not do a Half Marathon for him?  Why not do a FULL Marathon for him?  I know that I am capable of doing it.  Heck why not try doing the Half under two hours while we're at it?  Finishing is finishing regardless of the time but if I could do that?  Wow!  I am going to do that.
Here's my roadblock, when Bridger got sick Mommy stopped eating.  By the time it was said and done I had lost over 10lbs.  Which wouldn't be a huge deal if I hadn't already lost the baby fat.  Because of all my weight loss I totally lost any muscle that I had.  You could say I'm as weak as a kitten.  Think this is going to stop me???

HELL NO!

I'm running these races.  I am going to need all the support and encouragement I can get.  Every day that I run I will post it here and on my Facebook.  I am going to have some rough days so cheer me on guys!  Won't you please?  Jake even said he'll do it for Bridger too.  That is saying a lot and pretty special.  Why just daddy and mommy?  Why not you?  Let's run together friends.  Let's run for Team Bridger: The Spaz Attacks!

We will most likely be running The Haunted Half in October.  If not then The Thankful13 in November.  We'll get team shirts, we'll do this for Bridger, and we'll have a blast!  There are plenty of 12-18 week Half Marathon training plans out there.  If you really don't want to run then come and cheer us on as The Spaz Attacks race to the finish for baby Bridger!

Go Team Bridger!
See what you're getting yourself into

The Haunted Half 

Thankful13

Example of a Training Plan

12 week Half Marathon training plan

No comments:

Post a Comment