Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Maybe it's not so bad

As I'm sitting here waiting for Bridger to get out of his mri I recall everything that has happened. We seem to have weekly fiascos with either the doctors or the medication. It makes me so angry. I guess that is why when we came in today I had my dukes up ready for a fight.
Of course when we get in Bridger has a temp of 103.0 and of course they won't do the mri. I argued about the fact that he got shots yesterday. That helped a little. They waited and he went down to 101. They still wouldn't touch him. By this point Bridger was screaming because he had been npo since 0530.
I don't know why I did it but I gave him Tylenol knowing full well this would ruin his npo status. I just wanted him to feel better. Needless to say the nurse practitioner was upset. She confronted me about it. She was great about it. She explained that we are a team together and that I need to communicate what is going on. This made me cry. I've never once in my entire son's treatment been talked to like that. We're supposed to work together? What!? It was refreshing although it caused me to lose my composure and boohoo. Go me for being THAT mom today. Awesome.
In the end we were able to get the MRI done. I hope the results aren't too terrible. We just want our little boy to have the best life we can give him. Just need to know what could be wrong. Hopefully nothing new. Plus it's nice to know there are some humans who work in pcmc.

No comments:

Post a Comment